The Black Gertrude Mini Tote In Rattan is a delicate and exquisite tote made with the Dayak Rattan from Borneo.
This delicate structured mini tote bag is the result of a loving collaboration with Handep, an Indonesian social enterprise, supporting Dayak women weavers from the forests in Borneo. The bag design re-imagines Rattan craftsmanship by weaving it for a beautifully subtle embellishment. Entirely handmade down to the zippers, it comes in black buttery-soft up-cycled sheep leather, combined with one of the distinct Rattan patterns, Swagei. This is one of the most intricate patterns which only a handful of weavers can master. Acquired through a long meditation by a master Dayak weaver back in the old days, it is only passed down to the closest family members. Exquisite and surprisingly contemporary. Fitted with top handles, this minimalist bag is made to fit all your essentials into the zippered central compartment, letting you space to add some extras in the side colourful pockets. Each piece is decorated with the rang-rang made by the amazing women weavers of Nusa Penida.
- Hand-woven Dayak rattan original from Borneo (by Handep) using the Swagei pattern
- Certified buttery sheep leather
- Zero-waste design approach
- 1 zipped central compartment & side pockets
- Two attached leather handles
- Handmade zip pullers
- Inside lining: Nusa Penida Rang-Rang (every bag comes with a different lining, depending on what the women weavers have produced and is available in stock)
Height : 22 cm
Width : 32 cm
Volume : 10 cm
Handle fall: 12 cm